"If we don't stand up for children, then we don't stand for much."
Marian Wright Edelman

Juvenile Division

The Juvenile Division of the Oklahoma County Public Defender's Office (located at 5905 N. Classen Court, Oklahoma City, 73118) is responsible for representing individuals under the age of 18. The office represents indigent juvenile delinquents and abused, neglected, deprived, or abandoned children.

How do I get a Juvenile-Division Public Defender?
The Juvenile Public Defender's Office is automatically appointed to represent abused, neglected, deprived, and abandoned children, as well as all children in DHS custody. The office is also automatically appointed to represent juvenile delinquents in assault and battery and domestic abuse cases. All other individuals seeking representation by the Juvenile Public Defender's Office must fill out a Pauper's Affidavit, a short form asking about financial resources, and present it to the judge in court.

When is my next court date?
To find out the date of your next court appearance, call the Juvenile Court Clerk's Office at (405) 713-6412 or (405) 713-6413, or call the Juvenile Public Defender's Office at (405) 713-6770.

Do my juvenile warrants go away when I turn 18?
No. You could be 45 years old and still be arrested on an outstanding juvenile warrant, so it is important to address all of your juvenile court issues promptly.

I've forgotten my lawyer's name. How do I find out who represents me?
Call our office at (405) 713-6770 with your name and birth date and our receptionist will be able to tell you your lawyer's name. If possible, please have the name of your judge available as well.

How much money can I make and still qualify for the services of the Public Defender?
There is no fixed amount. When assessing your ability to pay for a private attorney, the court will consider all aspects of your current financial situation, including income, savings, assets, financial obligations, debts, and bankruptcies. If the court then decides that you cannot afford to hire a private attorney, it will appoint a public defender to represent you.

320 Robert S. Kerr Avenue, Suite 611   •   Oklahoma City, OK 73102
(405) 713-1550
Oklahoma County  •  Privacy Policy